Nov. 4, 2011
Attorneys Give Free Legal Help in Las Cruces
Albuquerque, N.M.—Residents of Las Cruces and the surrounding areas can attend a free legal fair on a variety of topics from 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., Nov. 18, at the Dona Aña County District Courthouse, 201 W. Picacho. Attorneys from the 3rd Judicial District will be on hand to provide free 1 hour seminars on a variety of legal topics:
• Wills and Uncontested Probates
• Social Security Disability & Other Public Benefits
• Custody and Visitation (legal/physical & joint/sole custody)
• Foreclosures and Repossessions
10:30– 11:30 a.m.
• Child Support
• Elder Abuse and Financial Exploitation
• Landlord Rights
• Credit Card and Debt Collections
• Restoring Your Driver’s License
• Domestic Violence
• Powers of Attorney and Health Care Directives
• Custody and Visitation (includes how relocating affects your rights)
• Expunging Your Criminal Record
• Tenant Rights
• Kinship Guardianships
Attorneys will also be on hand to provide free consultations on a first-come, first served basis in the areas of law below.
• Public Benefits
• Wills/Power of Attorney
• Health Care Directives
• Child Support
This event is being coordinated by the 1st Judicial District Pro Bono Committee of the Access to Justice Commission. For more information on the Access to Justice Commission, visit http://www.nmbar.org/Attorneys/AccessJusticecommission.html.
The New Mexico Commission on Access to Justice is a statewide body dedicated to expanding and improving civil legal assistance to New Mexicans living in poverty.