Elder Law Section Resources
Legal Issues Effecting Older Adults
Family Relations & Guardianship
Consumer Fraud, Exploitation and Protection Information
- National Association of Consumer Advocates – website provides a resource center, legal articles, legal briefs and sample pleadings.
- General consumer information for seniors and links to state websites.
New Mexico Senior Safety and Scams
- NM Adult Protective Services Division Recourse for seniors who may be abused, exploited or neglected.
- The Federal Trade Commission created this website to help tackle some money issues head-on, scams, schemes and rip offs.
- Federal Trade Commission Health Page with information to spot health scams, like fake cancer cures and bogus weight loss products, or get the facts on different health products and services, like generic drugs, Lasik eye surgery, and dietary supplements.
- The National Consumer Law Center is a nonprofit advocacy organization that seeks to build economic security and family wealth for low-income and other economically disadvantaged Americans.
- The National Crime Prevention produces tools that communities can use to learn crime prevention strategies, engage community members, and coordinate with local agencies.
- National Fraud Information Center & Internet Fraud Watch operated by the National Consumers League, mission is to give consumers the information they need to avoid becoming victims of telemarketing and Internet fraud and to help them get their complaints to law enforcement agencies quickly and easily.
- Empower consumers to take action to control their own personal information by providing practical tips on privacy protection.
Elder Abuse and Neglect
Elder Law Section
Board of Directors
Elder Law Resources
Reports, Guides and Memoranda
Elder Law Newsletter
Join the Section
Elder Law Home