As most of our live programs are streamed on webcast and replayed in the future, here are some wardrobe suggestions:
- Solid colors and chroma rich colors work best.
- Avoid large, busy patterns.
- Avoid wearing white or light yellow (it makes the video “bloom”).
- Wearing a white/light shirt under a dark or solid color jacket is fine.
- Avoid tweed or herringbone (it makes the camera “moray” – constantly shimmer).
- Have a belt or pocket for the microphone belt pack to attach.
- Sometimes jewelry or scarves will have to be adjusted or removed if they cause microphone interference.
- Clothing must be sturdy enough for the microphone to clip on to. Very light weight or silky fabrics will cause the microphone to slip or pull down your clothing.
- Cameras on stage will be pointing at a downward angle towards the speakers. The audience will be at a lower angle when the speakers are seated on stage. Please keep this in mind as you choose blouses and skirts.
Note: Feel free to move around. You don’t have to be stuck behind a podium. Our camera can follow you approximately halfway up the auditorium aisles. Please don’t turn your back to the audience, particularly to read your PowerPoint slides.