The work of the Lawyers Professional Liability and Insurance Committee includes:
- Review of Mandatory Disclosure Rule 16-104(C)
- Analyze insurance reporting data
- Monitor action on insurance disclosure
- Improve the dissemination of information regarding insurance related issues, especially for newly admitted lawyers
- Conduct presentations on insurance related issues
- Provide authors and speakers to section meetings, and other State Bar functions
For personal Assistance regarding your question, call the Ethics Hotline (800) 326-8155.
Good Signs to Look For When Choosing a Professional Liability Insurance Company
In an effort to provide a bit of relief, members of the Lawyer’s Professional Liability Committee put their collective heads together to come up with a list of 17 good signs to look for.* They reflect trends and issues in professional liability insurance that the Committee has encountered and/or addressed over the last several years. In an effort to ensure this information is disseminated to the members in a clear and concise way that is both practical and convenient, the Committee would like to introduce its new monthly tip column “Good Signs to Look for When Choosing a Professional Liability Insurance Company.” The Column, originally published in the Bar Bulletin on a monthly basis, highlights the Committee’s best practices list along with a brief explanation of each.
Read the summary and all tips here