- American Academy of Estate Planning Attorneys
Organization for estate planning attorneys.
- American Arbitration Association
Mediation, arbitration and other forms of alternative dispute resolution (ADR).
- American Association of Attorney-Certified Public Accountants
Interdisciplinary association of professionals who have qualified as both an Attorney and as a Certified Public Accountant.
- American Association of Legal Nurse Consultants
Nonprofit organization dedicated to professional enhancement of registered nurses practicing in a consulting capacity in the legal field.
- American Bar Association
Provides law school accreditation, information about the law, programs to assist lawyers and judges in their work, and initiatives to improve the legal system for the public.
- American Civil Liberties Union
Advocate of individual rights -- litigating, legislating, and educating the public on a broad array of issues affecting individual freedom in the United States.
- American College of Trial Lawyers
Fellowship in the College is by invitation.
- American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (ACTEC)
Improve and reform probate, trust and tax laws, procedures, and professional responsibility.
- American Corporate Counsel Association
Promotes the common professional and business interests of attorneys employed to practice law by corporations, associations, and other private-sector organizations.
- American Health Lawyers Association
Nonpartisan, educational organization devoted to legal issues in the health field.
- The American Inns of Court Foundation
Amalgam of judges, lawyers, and in some cases, law professors and law students to help lawyers become more effective advocates and counselors with a keener ethical awareness.
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
Patent, trademark, copyright and unfair competition law, as well as other fields of law affecting intellectual property.
- The American Judges Association
Works to improve the effective and impartial administration of justice, to enhance the independence and status of the judiciary, to provide for continuing education of its members, and to promote the interchange of ideas of a judicial nature among judges, court organization and the public.
- American Law and Economics Association
Dedicated to the advancement of economic understanding of law and related areas of public policy and regulation.
- American Law Institute
Promotes the clarification and simplification of the law and its better adaptation to social needs, to secure the better administration of justice, and to encourage and carry on scholarly and scientific legal work."
- American Society of Corporate Secretaries
Membership is composed principally of corporate secretaries, assistant secretaries and other persons who are involved in duties normally associated with the corporate secretarial function.
- Association of Federal Defense Attorneys (AFDA)
Devoted exclusively to the interests of federal criminal defense attorneys.
- Association of Legal Administrators
Source of legal management information and knowledge.
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America
Promotes justice and fairness for injured persons, safeguards victims' rights, the right to trial by jury, and strengthens the civil justice system through education and disclosure of information critical to public health and safety.
- Black Entertainment & Sports Lawyers Association
International organization of lawyers in support of a more diversified, expert and informed entertainment and sports practice.
- The Commercial Law League of America
Organization of collections, creditors' rights and bankruptcy professionals.
- Defense Research Institute
National organization for defense, insurance, and corporate counsel.
- Federal Bar Association
Professional organization for private and government lawyers and judges involved in federal practice.
- Federal Communications Bar Association
Dedicated to telecommunications law and policy.
- Federal Magistrate Judges Association
Professional organization exclusively for U.S. Magistrate Judges.
- Federation of Insurance & Corporate Counsel
Defending insurance companies, associations and other corporations in the defense of civil litigation.
- First Amendment Lawyers Association
Dedicated to the defense of the First Amendment of the US Constitution, and who represent clients in anti-censorship matters.
- Hellenic Bar Association
Professional network to exchange information, ideas and interests regarding legal specialties and the practice of law.
- Hispanic National Bar Association
Represents the interests of Hispanic American attorneys, judges, law professors and law students. Its primary objective is to increase professional opportunities for Hispanics in the legal profession.
- International Process Servers Association
Online international process server database, including civil procedure rules for all 50 states.
- Indian Law Resource Center
Provides legal advocacy for the protection of indigenous peoples' rights, cultures and traditional lands. Information on law reform, human rights, land rights, environmental protection, and sovereignty and self-governance.
- Judge Advocates Association
Exclusively dedicated to the practitioners of military and veteran related law.
- Lawyer Pilots Bar Association
Encourages the knowledge and understanding of aviation law; and cooperation with governmental and other organizations to enhance general aviation safety.
- Maritime Law Association of the US
U.S. member of the national maritime law associations which would cooperate in the hope of achieving international uniformity in maritime law.
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA)
Assists lawyers, bar organizations and others who work with older clients and their families.
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association (NAPABA)
Asian Pacific American attorneys, judges, law professors, and law students that strives to be a national network for its members and affiliates.
- National Association of Attorneys General
Promotes cooperation, coordination, and communication among the states' chief legal officers.
- National Association of Bar Executives (NABE)
Serves the staff of bar associations and law-related organizations. NABE's vision is to "unite and inspire bar executives in promotion of excellence in bar association management."
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
Educates its members and others in the law relating to state and municipal bonds and other obligations, providing a forum for the exchange of ideas as to law and practice, improving the state of the art in the field.
- National Association of College and University Attorneys
Enhance legal assistance to colleges and universities by educating attorneys and administrators to the nature of campus legal issues.
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys, Inc.
Organization of attorneys who specialize in representing debtors in consumer bankruptcies.
- National Association of Criminal Lawyers
Advances the mission of the nation's criminal defense lawyers to ensure justice and due process for persons accused of crime or other misconduct.
- National Association of Law Placement
Information for legal career planning and recruitment
- NALS ... The Association for Legal Professionals
Association for professional legal support staff, providing legal education, networking, and certification for entry level and advanced legal support staff as well as paralegals.
- National Association of Patent Practitioners
Dedicated to supporting patent practitioners and those working in the field of patent law in matters relating to patent law, its practice, and technological advances.
- National Association of Professional Process Servers
Professional process servers including civil rules guide and legislative watch monitoring.
- National Association for Public Interest Law (NAPIL)
Engaged in organizing, training and supporting public service-minded law students, and is a national leader in creating summer and postgraduate public interest jobs.
- National Association of Retail Collection Attorneys
Organization serving law firms in the consumer collection industry in the United States.
- National Association of Women Judges
Provides strong, committed judicial leadership to improve the administration of justice and to ensure fairness, gender equality and diversity in American courts.
- National Association of Women Lawyers
Devoted to the interests of women lawyers and their families. An educational forum and an active voice for the concerns of women in the legal profession and women worldwide.
- National Bar Association
Advance the science of jurisprudence, uphold the honor of the legal profession, promote social intercourse among the members of the bar and protect the civil and political rights of all citizens of the United States.
- National Conference of Bar Foundations (NCBF)
Organization serving both Canadian law foundations and bar foundations in the U.S. The NCBF assists its members by providing a medium for the exchange of ideas and information related to foundation management, raising and allocating funds, developing public service programs and accomplishing law-related service objectives.
- National District Attorneys Association
Serving the needs of prosecutors in the United States.
- National Employment Lawyers Association
Provides assistance and support to lawyers in protecting the rights of employees against employers and the defense bar.
- National Federation of Paralegal Associations
Non-profit professional association for paralegals and legal assistants in the world.
- National Lawyers Association
Organized to improve the image of the legal profession, to advance legal institutions and respect for the law, and to educate the public on such matters.
- National Lawyers Guild
Political and social force in the service of the people, to the end that human rights shall be more sacred than property interests.
- National Legal Aid and Defender Association
National, non-profit membership organization devoting all of its resources to advocating equal access to justice for all Americans. It champions effective legal assistance for the poor and serves as a collective voice for both civil legal services and indigent defense services throughout the nation.
- National Lesbian & Gay Law Association
National association of lawyers, judges and other legal professionals, law students and affiliated lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) legal organizations.
- National Organization of Bar Counsel
Non-profit organization whose members enforce ethical rules which regulate the professional conduct of lawyers.
- National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) Bar Association
Attorneys that practice before the US National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB), The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), and the Department of Transportation (DOT).
- Native American Bar Association
Works to promote issues important to the Native American community and to improve professional opportunities for Native American lawyers.
- NSBA Council of School Attorneys
Provide information and practical assistance to attorneys who represent public school districts.
- United States Process Servers Association
Online directory of process servers.