Annual Prosecutors Section 2018 Awards
The Prosecutors Section recognizes prosecutorial excellence through its annual awards. For 2018 the Section aims to identify a Prosecutor of the Year awardee representing each of the following regions of New Mexico: NE – 4th, 8th, and 10th Judicial Districts; SE – 5th, 9th and 12th Judicial Districts; NW – 1st, 11th (Divs. 1 & 2) Judicial Districts; SW – 3rd, 6th, 7th Judicial Districts; Central – 2nd, 13th Judicial Districts.
Among the information the Section will consider in making its selections are the following:
· Impact of the prosecutor’s work on the community
· Coordination with law enforcement, including training in the prosecution of case(s)
· Best litigated case(s) (refers to the quality of the presentation)
· New approach or legal theory used in the prosecution
· Case management (refers to process used to manage a large quantity of cases)
· Any other exhibition of excellence related to prosecutorial duties
Please send a nomination letter via traditional or e-mail with the name and contact information of the nominee, the region that person represents, and the reasons why you believe the individual should receive the award to:
Devin H. Chapman
Office of Superintendent of Insurance
6200 Uptown Blvd. NE, Suite 130
Albuquerque, NM 87110
Facsimile (505) 433-2458
Nominations may be made by anyone and additional letters of support are welcome. The deadline for nominations is noon on October 5, 2018.